- Biogeochemical/Water Quality Modeler (nutrients, estuaries)
- Associate Environmental Scientist
- South Bay Salt Pond Restoration Project Lead Scientist
- Hydrologist/Water Resources Systems Analyst
San Francisco Estuary Institute (SFEI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which has a 25-year track record of serving local, state, and federal agencies by developing and translating science to measurably improve the health and resiliency of Bay-Delta ecosystems. SFEI is a boundary organization at the interface between science and policy, recognized nationally for our ability to build consensus to support effective environmental decision-making and policy. Over the next five years, SFEI will be implementing our Strategic Plan that will focus on advancing visionary science, harnessing innovative technology and big data, and communicating science to inform, inspire, and empower stakeholders in an effort to fulfill our vision and mission for the Bay-Delta and beyond.
SFEI has three major programs: Clean Water, Environmental Informatics, and Resilient Landscapes. These programs have multiple focus areas including the Regional Monitoring Program for Water Quality, Nutrient Management Strategy, contaminants of emerging concern, the Regional Data Center, aerial drone research, geomorphology, multi-benefit urban greening and design, ecosystem restoration and climate adaptation, urban biodiversity and resilience, and green stormwater infrastructure.
SFEI's benefit package includes:
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision, with SFEI contributing up to 90% for employee premiums and 70% for dependents.
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation starting at 2 weeks per year
- Paid sick leave of 12 days per year
- 403(b) retirement plan including 5% employer match
- Employer-paid life insurance and long term disability policies
- Medical and dependent care FSAs
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Plan
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Estuary Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.